About tax forms

The IRS has its forms available online here. Forms are updated from year to year, so please make sure you have the most recent form. Frequently used forms for international students include:

Please refer to the IRS Powerpoint Presentations for federal and state taxes if you have questions about the forms you are required to fill out

For form 8843 on line #10 please write the address of the ISSS office:

International Services
Dean of Students Office
Suite 4226, 4th Floor, Academy Hall
110 8th St.
Troy, NY 12180

If the form 8843 is the the only form you are going to fill out, sign the bottom of it.

If you receive a 1098-T, do not do anything with it, it is only for United States citizens.

If you fill out the 1040NR and you could have filled out the 1040NR-EZ, it is not a problem.

If you are working for RPI and need to complete form 843 please contact Charlene Richard, tax compliant specialist, at richac@rpi.edu as soon as possible.

International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839