- News & Events
RPI Relief and the Mighty Waters Campaign
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters 2014-2015
- Anything That Floats Boat Competition - Wednesday, April 9
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Reflection on Service: Stories of Hurricane Irene
- RPI RELIEF: The Philippines
- REGISTER NOW - Mighty Waters - Fall Trips 2013
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21, 2013
- RPI Relief: Hurricane Sandy
- 5K Run/Walk for the Schoharie Free Library, 2012
- RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- Community Service Days - Fall 2011 (RPI RELIEF)
- RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene
- RPI Relief for Survivors of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
- RPI Student Volunteer Organizations
- RPI Community Services
Local Organizations Seeking Volunteers
- Current Affairs
- Annual Campus Campaigns
- Student Accomplishments, Awards and Scholarships
- New York Campus Compact
Rensselaer students have embraced the spirit of volunteerism. Whether through individual acts or organized group activities, students participate in a wide variety of volunteer and community service activities throughout the year, both on campus and in the community. They lend their time, energy and expertise to help others in the community who need help in a multitude of ways. Whether it's helping with the environment, tutoring kids in math and reading, or raising money for worthy causes, Rensselaer students have not only provided valuable services to the local community, but have also thrived by being active, participating citizens in Troy.
This website provides information not only on how to get involved, but also on a variety of resources available to the Rensselaer community. For more information, or if you would like to learn how to get involved, contact Community Service.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute was named to the President's Higher Education 2012 Community Service Honor Roll. This is the third time Rensselaer has received this honor. The Corporation for National and Community Service announces the annual Honor Roll award recipients, recognizing more than 600 colleges and universities for exemplary, innovative, and effective community service programs. The Corporation oversees the Honor Roll in collaboration with the Department of Education, Department of Housing and Urban Development, Campus Compact, and the American Council on Education. Honorees are chosen based on a series of selection factors including scope and innovation of service projects, percentage of student participation in service activities, incentives for service, and the extent to which the school offers academic service-learning courses.
You may also want to join us on Facebook.