Working in the United States

International students and their family members are restricted in how they may work in the United States. This section of our website provides information on employment authorizations (including OPT, Academic Training, and CPT), how to obtain a Social Security Number, and other resources.

Before starting any employment, paid or unpaid, please consult the ISSS Office at (518) 276-4966, via email, or in person in Suite 4226 of Academy Hall. Unauthorized employment will result in the termination of your status.

International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839