Working in the United States
Working in the US
- Center for Career & Professional Development - Services for International Students
- Cooperative Education
- How to get a Social Security Number
- F-2 and J-2 work permission
- Optional Practical Training for F-1 students
- Academic training for J-1 students
- Permanent employment and residency
- Working in the U.S.A. (PowerPoint file)
International students and their family members are restricted by the United States Government on how they may work in the United States. The ability to work is dependent on the type of visa issued for travel to and stay in the United States.
If more information is needed other that what is provided here, contact the Office of International Services for Students and Scholars at (518) 276-6266, send an email, or stop by the International Office during Drop In hours.