RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- News & Events
Mighty Waters Campaign
- Anything That Floats Boat Competition - Sept 28
- REGISTER NOW - Mighty Waters - Fall Trips 2013
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21
- RPI Relief: Hurricane Sandy
- RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene
- Community Service Days - Fall 2011 (RPI RELIEF)
- RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- RPI Student Volunteer Organizations
- RPI Community Services
Local Organizations Seeking Volunteers
- Current Affairs
- Annual Campus Campaigns
- Student Accomplishments, Awards and Scholarships
- New York Campus Compact
Rensselaer students continue to help with efforts to support
local communities impacted by Hurricane Irene which struck the
region on Sunday, August 28, 2011. The storm devasted
communities situated along the major streams and rivers in the
Hudson River Valley, especially the Schoharie Creek, the
Poestenkill, and the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. The current
projects organized for the remainder of the Spring 2013
semester for students, staff and faculty follow:
- Saturday, May 11 (9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)- Schoharie Clean-up. The Rensselaer Community will continue its efforts to help with the recovery efforts in the Schoharie Region. Transportation, a t-shirt, work gloves and facemasks will be provided.
Students, staff and faculty members who would like to participate in any or all of these events should register on the Community Service Day Registration WEBFORM below, indicating which day they would like to participate. Anyone wishing to participate more than one day should indicate the additional date(s) in the notes section. Transportation will be provided. Participants will receive a confirmation email prior to their service date, with further safety instructions for the volunteer site. Volunteers are required to wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, and heavy shoes or boots; they will be provided with gloves, a face-mask, and goggles, water, a snack and a RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters, or Hurricane Irene t-shirt.
Each individual who wishes to participate in RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Community Service Day activities must complete the
Community Service Day Registration WEBFORM
Date assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis, and will be limited to transporation accomodations. If you have questions or need more information, contact 276-3098, or send us an email.
History: Since the spring of 1999, Rensselaer has hosted Community Service Days. Each spring and autumn over the last 13 years, Rensselaer student, faculty, staff, and administration volunteers have provided essential help in the City of Troy, raking fallen leaves, trailblazing, and planting bulbs in area parks, in preparation for the upcoming seasons. The work is valued not only by the caretakers of the parks serviced, but also by members of the community who are able to take full advantage of what these areas offer year-round.
On Saturday, April 20, The RPI Relief: Mighty Waters team participated in the annual Erie Canal Sweep, heading south along the Mohawk Hudson Bike Trail in Watervliet.