MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21, 2013
- News & Events
- RPI RELIEF: NEPAL
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters 2014-2015
- Anything That Floats Boat Competition - Wednesday, April 9
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Reflection on Service: Stories of Hurricane Irene
- RPI RELIEF: The Philippines
- REGISTER NOW - Mighty Waters - Fall Trips 2013
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21, 2013
- RPI Relief: Hurricane Sandy
- 5K Run/Walk for the Schoharie Free Library, 2012
- RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- Community Service Days - Fall 2011 (RPI RELIEF)
- RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene
- RPI Relief for Survivors of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
- RPI Student Volunteer Organizations
- RPI Community Services
Local Organizations Seeking Volunteers
- Current Affairs
- Annual Campus Campaigns
- Student Accomplishments, Awards and Scholarships
- New York Campus Compact
Schoharie Recovery has organized a weekend of service to
coincide with the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service,
and has asked for our help with its ongoing relief efforts
resulting from the storm damage of Hurricane Irene in August
2011. Accordingly, the
RPI Mighty Waters Campaign will be sending a bus of
volunteers on this special community service day - Monday,
January 21 - to help with ongoing debris removal and with
painting. The bus will meet at the Union Horseshoe at 9:30 a.m.
and will return by 4 p.m. All participants will receive their
choice of a free RPI Relief or a Mighty Waters t-shirt.
Each individual who wishes to participate in Community Service Day activities must complete the
IMPORTANT COMMUNITY SERVICE DAY NOTES:
- Community Service Day events are generally rain, snow or shine events. In the event of extreme weather, participants will be contacted with instructions by email on the morning of the event.
- Volunteers are provided bottled water and a snack. Because the Mighty Waters events are approximately 45 miles from campus, the events are longer and include lunch.
- Suggested attire includes long pants, layered tops, and boots or close-toed shoes. All volunteers are provided with work gloves and needed tools, and with facemasks and goggles as needed.
- Free transportation is provided by chartered bus.
- Registered participants will receive an email reminder 1-2 days before the event, that will include weather related information, as well as transportation updates.
History: Since the spring of 1999, Rensselaer has hosted Community Service Days. Each spring and autumn over the last 13 years, Rensselaer student, faculty, staff, and administration volunteers have provided thousands of hours of essential help in the City of Troy and in the Capital Region, raking fallen leaves, trailblazing, and planting bulbs in area parks, in preparation for the upcoming seasons, as well as many other needed services for the community. The work is valued not only by the caretakers of the ares serviced, but also by members of the community who are able to take full advantage of what these areas offer year-round.