RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- News & Events
- RPI RELIEF: NEPAL
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters 2014-2015
- Anything That Floats Boat Competition - Wednesday, April 9
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Reflection on Service: Stories of Hurricane Irene
- RPI RELIEF: The Philippines
- REGISTER NOW - Mighty Waters - Fall Trips 2013
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21, 2013
- RPI Relief: Hurricane Sandy
- 5K Run/Walk for the Schoharie Free Library, 2012
- RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- Community Service Days - Fall 2011 (RPI RELIEF)
- RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene
- RPI Relief for Survivors of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
- RPI Student Volunteer Organizations
- RPI Community Services
Local Organizations Seeking Volunteers
- Current Affairs
- Annual Campus Campaigns
- Student Accomplishments, Awards and Scholarships
- New York Campus Compact
The RPI RELIEF initiative lives on as the RPI Community Volunteer continues to help the communities along the Mighty Waters of the Schoharie Creek and the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. The August 28, 2011 storm devasted communities situated along the major streams and rivers in the Hudson River Valley, especially the Schoharie Creek, the Poestenkill, and the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers. In the spring of 2012, students met and began working with leaders in Schoharie to organize projects that would not only directly address the immediate needs of the community, but will also have a long range positive impact, including enhancing data bases, working on communication needs, grant writing, and helping to address the long range needs of the community, among others.
The next community service visit to Schoharie to assist the residents in their on-going recovery will be on:
- Sunday, May 6, 2012, Schoharie, NY
Depart the Union at 9:30 a.m., and return by 4:00 p.m.
Students, staff and faculty members who would like to participate should register on the Community Service Day Registration WEBFORM below. Transportation will be provided. Participants will receive a confirmation email prior to the service date, with further safety instructions for the site. Volunteers are required to wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, and heavy shoes or boots; they will be provided with safety equipment as needed, including gloves, a face-mask, and goggles, water, lunch and a RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene t-shirt.
Each individual who wishes to participate in RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day must complete the
Community Service Day Registration WEBFORM
Date assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis, and will be limited to transportation accomodations. If you have questions or need more information, contact 276-3098, or send us an email.
- If you are unable to participate on the date noted above, please check out the RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene website for other ways to participate.
- Please send us an
email for more information on the RPI Relief Mighty
History: Since the spring of 1999, Rensselaer has hosted Community Service Days. Each spring and autumn over the last 13 years, Rensselaer student, faculty, staff, and administration volunteers have provided essential help in the City of Troy, raking fallen leaves, trailblazing, and planting bulbs in area parks, in preparation for the upcoming seasons. The work is valued not only by the caretakers of the parks serviced, but also by members of the community who are able to take full advantage of what these areas offer year-round.