The 2015 United Way Campaign - LIVE UNITED
- News & Events
- RPI RELIEF: NEPAL
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters 2014-2015
- Anything That Floats Boat Competition - Wednesday, April 9
- The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Reflection on Service: Stories of Hurricane Irene
- RPI RELIEF: The Philippines
- REGISTER NOW - Mighty Waters - Fall Trips 2013
- RPI RELIEF: Mighty Waters Spring 2013 Community Service Days
- MLK Day of Service: Monday, January 21, 2013
- RPI Relief: Hurricane Sandy
- 5K Run/Walk for the Schoharie Free Library, 2012
- RPI RELIEF "Mighty Waters" Community Service Day - Spring 2012
- Community Service Days - Fall 2011 (RPI RELIEF)
- RPI RELIEF: Hurricane Irene
- RPI Relief for Survivors of the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
- RPI Student Volunteer Organizations
- RPI Community Services
Local Organizations Seeking Volunteers
- Current Affairs
Annual Campus Campaigns
- United Way Campaign
- Student Accomplishments, Awards and Scholarships
- New York Campus Compact
Rensselaer is proud to announce its 2015 United Way Campaign. The Rensselaer Community has a distinguished history of giving to the United Way of the Greater Capital Region including contributions in excess of $90,000 in each of the last 10 years. Investment options include:
United Way Community Care Fund
This fund influences the condition of all in the community.
Promoting Financial Stability
Equips working families with tools and access to supportive services to increase their income, create assets, and move towards financial stability.
Strengthening Individuals and Families
Supports families with life skills and ensures healthy child development and school readiness. Prepares youth to become self-sufficient adults. Equips adults with skills for independence and changing life circumstances. Helps senior adults find support and maintain independence.
Meeting Essential Needs:
Helps meet basic needs for food, clothing, safe shelter and emergency assistance for community residents as well as access to information (2-1-1).
For more information, please visit United Way of the Greater Capital Region. To learn more about the Live United movement, go to the Live United website. For campus campaign information, contact Rensselaer's Annual United Way Committee.
Campaign Kick Off - Volunteer Breakfast
- Russell Sage Faculty Staff Banquet room, Wednesday,
November 4, 8:00 - 9:30 am
Cell Phone & Mobile Device Drive -
November 4 – December 9, 2015.
Donate your old equipment to the United Way (all proceeds will go directly to this year’s campaign). Just delete all personal data; no accessories or chargers are needed. Mail or drop them off to Jacqueline Farmer, at the VCC 217 (x 8041) anytime between November 4th and December 9th, or drop them off at the United Way table at the Benefits Fair on November 6th or at the Community Fair on December 3rd.
Faculty/Staff Benefits Fair (Spin the
Wheel) - ECAV, Friday, November 6, 10:30 a.m. - 2:00
Complete/turn in your pledge form at the Human Resources Benefits Fair on Friday, November 6th from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and you can spin the wheel to win a prize!
Holiday Wreath and Poinsettia Sale -
Sales run from November 4th through November 27th, with
pickup at the Community Fair on December 3rd. Contact Denise
Elwell (ext 4873 or email@example.com) for more
Christmas Trees - Sales run from
November 4th through December 11th.
It's easy! Contact Nicole Durrick (ext 2805 - firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jacqueline Farmer (ext 8041 - email@example.com) for a coupon voucher to any Hewitt's location in the Capital Region.
Pledge Form Campaign Ends - Friday,
November 16, 2015
Thanksgiving Feast sponsored by Rensselaer's
United Way Campaign and Sodexo - RSDH, Thursday,
November 19, 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Turkey, with all the fixins’ including desserts with coffee and tea.
United Way Community Fair - Armory,
Wednesday, December 3, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Crafts, baked goods and more are for sale. Want to be a vendor? Contact Denise Elwell for details. (x4873 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteers Thank You Event - RSDH,
Thursday, January 14, 2016, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Rensselaer's 2015 United Way Committee
- Chairs: Dr. Shirley Ann Jackson, President, Charles F. Carletta, Secretary of the Institute and General Counsel; Jacqueline Farmer, DotCIO (ext 8041, email@example.com); Tanya Rautine, Office of the VP for Research (ext 3010, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Coordinators: Nicole Durrick, School of Management (ext 2805, email@example.com) and Kristy Ganance, Research Administration and Finance (ext 6735, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Representatives: Cindy Bracket, School of Architecture; Denise Elwell, Office of the VP of Research; Pamela Muraka, School of Science; Josh Cherry, School of Humanities; Sandra Madigan, Institute Advancement; Cindy Novak, Provost's Office; Dana Chichester, Core Engineering; Marie McDowell, Human Resources; Sherry Perpetua, Administration; JoAnn Drost, DotCIO; Jenni Mullet, Government and Community Relations; Bonnie Skarka, VP Enrollment.