- Tips for Scholars
- Information for Departments
- Scholar Financial Support
- Department DS2019 Request
- J-1 Scholar extension request form
- U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Researcher Purpose of Travel Information
Current U.S. Department of State regulations for J-1/J-2 Exchange Visitors, as of May 15, 2015. These include:
- Medical benefits - $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation - $25,000
- Medical Evacuation - $50,000
- Deductibles - Not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
If you do not have health insurance that meets these requirements prior to your arrival in the United States, you will have to purchase it immediately upon your arrival.
Failure to do so could result in your termination at Rensselaer.