Terms, Qualifications & Selection
- News & Events
- Passport to Global Citizenship
- Past Programs
Members, Present & Past
- Terms, Qualifications & Selection
- The CA Application
- Local, National & World Events
- Community Resources
Terms of Participation
- Attend the annual training program before the start of the fall semester.
- Attend all Community Advocate meetings
- Attend all events sponsored by the Community Advocates
- Work with fellow Community Advocates to plan and execute campus events
- Participate in discussion
- Welcome ALL students to events
- Respond to needs and concerns as they arise
- Selection for Community Advocates generally occurs in the spring for the next academic year; however, the Community Advocates may review applications submitted throughout the year and offer membership to appropriate candidates.
- Currently enrolled and matriculating sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students at Rensselaer may file an application for a Community Advocate position. Frehmen may apply in their second semester at Rensselaer.
- Candidates must be in good academic and judicial standing.
The Selection Process
The Community Advocate selection process will consist of a thorough committee review of materials (application and recommendations) presented by each applicant as well as the applicant interview.
- The Community Advocates will hold informational meetings in the spring prior to the annual application deadline.
- Applicants must return completed applications in a sealed envelope addressed to the Community Advocates to the Dean of Students Office by the stated deadline.
- Applicants will sign up for an interview upon submitting their application.
- All applicants will be notified of their final status by letter, which may be picked up in the Dean of Students Office, 4200 Academy Hall.
Last modified: Jan 15, 2010