J-1 students: Transferring schools

Please note: This information is intended for students who are transferring out of RPI. If you are a recently admitted student transferring in, please contact the Admissions Office.

All J-1 students who intend on continuing study at a new school, whether at a new level (i.e. graduate school) or mid-program, must transfer their SEVIS record from RPI to the new school. You must submit your request for a transfer at least 30 days before your program end date on your DS-2019. There can be no gaps in your J-1 program.

Please fill out and submit the J-1 transfer-out form.

Please note: Students who are transferring out must not only consult our office but also formally withdraw from the institution. Undergraduate students should contact the Student Experience Office and graduate students should contact the Office of Graduate Education.

Please keep the following in mind when transferring your record

Last modified: Nov 20, 2015
International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839