F-1 students: Transferring Schools

Please note: This information is intended for students who are transferring out of RPI. If you are a recently admitted student transferring in, please contact the Admissions Office.

All F-1 students who intend on continuing study at a new school, whether at a new level (i.e. graduate school) or mid-program, must transfer their SEVIS record from RPI to the new school. This includes students currently on OPT. You must transfer your record within 60 days of your end date. Please fill out and submit the F-1 transfer-out form.

Please note: Students who are transferring out must consult our office and formally withdraw from the institution. Undergraduate students should contact the Student Experience Office and graduate students should contact the Office of Graduate Education.

Please keep the following in mind when transferring your record:

Last modified: Aug 1, 2017
International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839