Travel to Other Countries

Foreign Visas

If you are visiting a country other than your own, you may need a visitor's visa to enter. Contact that country's embassy or consulate in the U.S., or search for their website by visiting the Electronic Embassy website.

If you are “transiting” into a country, meaning that your flight home requires an intermediate stop in a third country, find out if a transit visa is required, and if so, if it needs to be obtained in advance. For example, you may need a visa to transit Canada or the United Kingdom.

Last modified: Jul 22, 2015
International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839