Information for Departments

J-1 Scholar:These visas are available for temporary scholars conducting research or collaborating with RPI faculty. J-1 scholars may be paid or unpaid, but any temporary paid scholars must come on a J-1 visa (i.e. are not eligible for a B visa). There are two types of J scholars at RPI:

Department Request for a J-1 scholar available here.

If a department intends to hire a scholar for longer than five years or for a permanent position, it is recommended that the scholar obtain one of the following visas:

If a department intends to hire a graduating student in a post-doctoral position:

Department Request for a B-1 scholar is available here.

Last modified: Jun 24, 2016
International Services for Students and Scholars, Phone: (518) 276-4966, Fax: (518) 276-4839